Shaw's Commitment to Training
We are committed to training and development. For 18 years, we have been providing sales associates with the tools to succeed not only in their current sales position, but with a focus on their future sales career with our company.
Our training mission is to make people more effective both at home and at work. We're committed to providing training and development experiences to help sales associates excel not just on the job, but at home, with their families, and in the community.
Shaw offers two levels of sales training programs, both built on the foundation of Shaw's corporate values: honesty, integrity, and hard work. One is designed to prepare recent college graduates for a career in sales. The other is intended for field hires, individuals who already have career experience in sales, but are new to the floor covering industry and Shaw.
Shaw recruits from more than 25 colleges across the United States. Only one out of ten applicants is selected to participate in the intensive five-month training program in Dalton, Georgia. Areas of instruction include:
- Shaw's people
- History of the carpet industry
- Manufacturing processes
- Computer training
- Skills such as Time/Territory Management, Listening Skills, Personality Profiles, Business Etiquette, Financial Planning, Professional Selling Skills, Negotiating, Conflict Management, Presentation Skills, Ethics, Pricing, etc.
- Technical knowledge
- Product information
- Maintenance and installation
- Field travel weeks provide real-time experience with our best sales associates
- Time spent in all support service areas
- Presentations to upper management
- Required reading
- Written reports
- And much more!
Prior Sales Experience
For associates who join Shaw with prior sales experience, their training program requires a minimum two-week program at our Dalton, Georgia headquarters. Areas of instruction include:
- Mill Tours:? yarn extrusion, tufting, dyeing, coating, tile manufacturing, etc
- Support Services:? Customer Service, Inforum, Installation/Maintenance, Technical Services, Financial Services, Custom Design, Pricing, Sales Administration, Samples, and Shaw OnLine.
- Computer Training:? Lotus Notes and Shaws I-Link system
- Sales and Marketing Management focus on direction
- Shaw's Environmental Efforts
- Shaw Design for in-depth study of our product line
- Personality Profiles for a better understanding of?themselves, which could ultimately impact all aspects of their performance
Continual professional training is provided on an ongoing basis at quarterly regional meetings and annual national sales meetings.
- Workers' Compensation
- Six Sigma White Belt
- Safety Management Techniques
- Policy & Legal Training
- Leadership Skills
- Shaw's Ethics & Values
- 7 Habits for Highly Effective People
- Time Management
- Team Building
- Personality Profile (DiSC)
- Behavioral Based Safety Management Training
- Presentation Skills
- LEAN Enterprise Introduction
Great careers grow with us. Explore your possibilities at https://www.shawfloors.jobs
You might also like:
Co-Op, Trainees, and more.
Medical, Dental, and more.
Shaw Industries is committed to a program of Affirmative Action