The THIRTY DAYS OF INSPIRATION Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPACT A CONTESTANT’S OPPORTUNITY TO WIN THE CONTEST. THERE IS NO COST TO ACCESS AND/OR ENTER THE CONTEST.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 U.S./D.C. WHO, AS OF TIME OF ENTRY, ARE 18 YEARS OR OLDER AND RESIDENTS OF CANADA (EXCEPT RESIDENTS OF THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC) WHO, AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY, ARE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE WHO SATISFY ALL THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RESIDENTS OF PUERTO RICO AND THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO, QUEBEC, ELSEWHERE AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Contestants must have access to the Internet to enter this Contest.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Thirty Days of Inspiration Contest (the “Contest”) begins on September 1, 2013 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on September 30, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM ET (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official Contest clock. No purchase is necessary to enter or win the Contest.
- SPONSOR: Shaw Industries Group, Inc., 616 E. Walnut Avenue, Dalton, GA 30722-2128.
- ADMINISTRATOR: Prize Logic LLC, 25200 Telegraph Road, Suite 405, Southfield, MI 48033.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to contestants who are either (a) legal United States residents who are physically residing in one (1) of the 50 United States/District of Columbia and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry, or (b) legal Canadian residents who are physically residing in Canada, excluding the Province of Quebec, and who are over the age of majority in their province/territory of residence as of the date of entry. Void in the Province of Quebec, Puerto Rico, the United States Territories and Possessions, elsewhere and where prohibited or restricted by law. Residents of Puerto Rico and the Province of Quebec are ineligible to enter or win. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, as well as their immediate family (e.g., spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee of such entities (collectively, “Contest Entities”) are ineligible to enter. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws and regulations.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in this Contest constitutes Contestant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. By participating in this Contest, an individual who enters the Contest (individually, “Contestant” and collectively, “Contestants”) agrees that Sponsor's and/or Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning the Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: During the Contest Period, a Contestant must enter the Contest by logging on to Facebook at www.facebook.com/shawfloors (the “Page”) and follow the on-screen instructions to access the Contest. To enter the Contest, the Contestant must complete each of the following steps: (1) select his/her favorite HGTV HOME Flooring by Shaw style from one of the following categories to build a room design around: (i) carpet, (ii) area rugs, (iii) hardwood, (iv) laminate, (v) resilient; (2) enter his/her first name, last name, the email address associated with his/her Pinterest account, ZIP/Postal Code and indicate acceptance these Official Rules; (3) click the “Submit” button and follow the prompts to create a board on Pinterest called “Thirty Days of Inspiration” (a “Board”) with the image selected in Step 1; and (4) pin at least one (1) additional image of elements the Contestant would use to complete his/her room design to his/her Board to receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Limit of one (1) Contest entry per Contestant during the entire Contest Period.
Contestant must follow all Pinterest rules and guidelines in creating the Board. Except with respect to the Sponsor-provided images made available on the Page, Contestant pins images at his/her sole risk and the Contest Entities are not responsible for any claims arising from the Contestant’s Board, specifically including, but not limited to, claims for intellectual property infringement and privacy rights violations, as well as violations of Pinterest’s terms of service, which may change from time to time. Contestants may not pin any images that are potentially offensive, feature recognizable people who have not provided consent or that originate from an unknown or proprietary source. All images accessible to a Contestant on the Page are available for use and re-pinning by Contestant. Contestant may not pin any other images to his/her Board unless the Contestant can verify that pinning the image does not violate the rights of any other person or company. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Contest entries that do not comply with the above terms and are otherwise inappropriate for any reason, including, but not limited to, for depicting or mentioning sex, violence, tobacco, alcohol, drugs, obscenities or defamatory, disparaging or inappropriate language, or any other content deemed offensive at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the Authorized Account Holder, as that term is defined below, of the e-mail address used to register the Pinterest account hosting the Board provided in the Contest entry will be deemed to be the Contestant. The potential Contest winner may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holder. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification
The potential winning Contest entry is subject to confirmation and/or verification and compliance with these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor and/or Administrator. A Contestant may use only one (1) Facebook account and one (1) Pinterest account to enter. Contestants attempting to use multiple Facebook or Pinterest accounts or multiple identities may be disqualified, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- JUDGING AND WINNER SELECTION: After the Contest Period, all eligible entries received during the Contest Period will be judged by a qualified panel of judges selected from the Sponsor's marketing and brand teams and the Administrator ("Judges"). The Judges will score each eligible entry according to the following weighted judging criteria: (1) "Diversity of the home flooring products used" - 25%, (2) "Inspiration of use of home flooring products" - 25%, (3) "Creativity" - 25% and (4) "Originality" - 25%. The one (1) Contestant whose entry receives the highest score from the Judges will be deemed the potential prize winner ("Winner”). If there is a tie for the highest scoring entry, then the entry with the highest score in criteria (1) above will be declared to be the Winner. If there is still a tie after the first tie breaker, then the entry with the highest score in criteria (2) above will be declared to be the Winner. If there is still a tie after the second tie breaker, then the entry with the highest score in criteria (3) above will be declared to be the Winner. If there is still a tie after the third tie breaker, then the entry with the highest score in criteria (4) above will be declared to be the Winner. The Winner will be deemed a potential Winner, pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor, at Sponsor's sole discretion. If the Winner is a Canadian resident, he/she will be required to answer a timed mathematical skill-testing question as set forth in Section 10 before being deem the Winner. All of the Judges' decisions are final and binding.
- PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): The Contest Prize is up to USD $5,000 in Shaw Flooring and a $5,000 check made payable to the Contest Winner denominated in US Dollars (collectively, the “Prize”). The Contest Winner may select any combination of flooring product, up to $5,000. The Contest Winner must select and obtain the product from a participating retailer who carries HGTV HOME Flooring by Shaw. The Contest Winner will be responsible, at his/her sole cost and expense, for the removal of current flooring. Installation of the Shaw Flooring portion of the Prize must be completed by January 31, 2014.The ARV of the Prize is USD$10,000/CAD $10,291.
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate Prize of equal or greater value in the event all or part of the Prize set forth above becomes unavailable. The Prize is non-substitutable and, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, non-transferable.
- PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION AND FULFILLMENT:
On or about October 15, 2013, the potential Winner will be notified by e-mail that he/she has been selected as the Winner. If a potential Winner is a United States resident, he/she will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release ("Affidavit"), which will be sent with the e-mail notification and must be received by Administrator within ten (10) calendar days of the date that it is sent by Administrator in order to claim his/her Prize. If the potential Winner is a resident of Canada, he/she must sign and return a Declaration of Compliance (“Declaration”), which will be sent with the e-mail notification and must be received by Administrator within ten (10) calendar days of the date that it is sent to the potential Winner in order to claim his/her Prize.
If the potential Winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Declaration within the required time period, does not comply with these Official Rules, or if the Prize notification e-mail is returned as undeliverable, the potential Winner forfeits the Prize. If the Prize is forfeited for any reason, the Contestant whose entry receives the next highest score from the Judges (as set forth in Section 7 and subject to the tie breakers set forth therein) will be deemed the potential Winner. Acceptance of the Prize shall constitute and signify the Winner's agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the Winner's name, city, state/province/territory, likeness, photo, entry and/or Prize information in connection with Contest, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
Allow 6 to 8 weeks after Winner verification for shipment or delivery of the Prize. No more than one (1) Prize will be awarded. The Prize will be sent to the Winner’s home address as provided when registering for the Contest. The Contest Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding the Prize for any reason. The right to receive the Prize is non-assignable, non-transferrable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value In case of unavailability of the Prize or force majeure. The Prize will only be awarded to a verified Winner.
- CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY, CLAIMING THE PRIZE: For Canadian residents only, to be declared a Winner, the selected Canadian resident must answer correctly without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question posed by e-mail which must be answered correctly before the Canadian resident is declared to be the Winner. If the selected potential Winner fails to correctly answer the question, he/she will be disqualified and the Contestant whose entry receives the next highest score from the Judges (as set forth in Section 7 and subject to the tie breakers set forth therein) will be deemed the potential Winner.
- TAXES AND OTHER EXPENSES: THE WINNER IS SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT HE/SHE SUBMIT TO SPONSOR ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY SPONSOR TO PERMIT SPONSOR TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, PROVINCIAL, STATE, TERRITORIAL AND LOCAL TAX REPORTING AND WITHHOLDING REQUIREMENTS. ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
- PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By entering the Contest and/or accepting the Prize, Contestants agree to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor's designee the perpetual right to use their name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, Contest entry and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered including live television, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
- ELIMINATION: Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by any Contestant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, ownership of right or any other non-compliance with these Official Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the Contestant and/or Contest entry from the Contest. If it is discovered or suspected, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, that a Contestant has registered or attempted to register for the Contest using multiple e-mail addresses or identities, that Contestant, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, may be declared null and void and any Prize he/she might have been entitled to will not be awarded to him/her. Any Contestant suspected of or found by Sponsor to be entering by automatic, programmed, script, bot, third-party or otherwise fraudulent method, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified and all Contest entries made by such methods will be disqualified. If a Contestant is suspected of submitting fraudulent Contest entries or of inciting others to submit fraudulent Contest entries on his/her behalf such Contest entries will be void and that Contestant may be disqualified, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, to disqualify any Contestant found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Contest.
- INTERNET: Contest Entities are not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify and/or suspend the Contest and post such notice at the Page. In the event the Contest is canceled, terminated, modified and/or suspended, Sponsor will select the Winner as set forth in Section 7 from the eligible Contest entries received prior to such event. In the event a dispute arises regarding a specific individual entitled to receive the Prize, a Contest entry will be declared made by the “authorized e-mail account holder” and any damage made to the Page will also be the responsibility of the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized e-mail account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, Online Service Provider or other organization (business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the Pinterest account used to enter the Contest. Contestant may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the Contestant is the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL CONTEST ENTITIES (INCLUDING FACEBOOK, INC. AND PINTEREST, INC.), THEIR AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR CONTEST AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any cause, including any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet Service Provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mails. By participating in this Contest, Contestants agree to release and hold harmless Contest Entities (including Facebook, Inc. and Pinterest, Inc.), their affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize, participation, or inability to participate in Contest, any Contest entries or any Contest-related activity. Releasees are not responsible for printing errors or for lost, late, unintelligible, misdirected, incomplete, damaged or garbled Contest entries or any other documents. Releasees are not responsible for any: (a) telephone, computer, hardware, software, programming or interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, network malfunction, or other technical failures or errors, or failure to properly process entries; (b) communication disruption or other forces beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, including inability to access the Page, Pinterest.com, create a board, submit a Contest entry, or other disruption related to Internet traffic, virus, bug, or non-authorized intervention; (c) damage caused by computer virus or otherwise resulting to any computer from Contestant's access of the Page or Pinterest.com, whether human, mechanical or electronic; or (d) incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by Page/Pinterest.com users or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in the Contest. Proof of submitting information at the Page or on Pinterest is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Releasees shall not be liable to the Winner or any other person for failure to supply the Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God; any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entities (whether or not they prove to be valid); equipment failure; terrorist acts; earthquake; fire; flood; war; explosion; unusually severe weather; hurricane; embargo; labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal); labor or material shortage; transportation interruption of any kind; work slow-down; civil disturbance; insurrection; riot; or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control. Releasees shall not be liable to the Winner or any other person for damage to such person’s computer or its contents.
- DISPUTES: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW The Contest is governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of GEORGIA, USA and the forum and venue for any dispute shall be in THE STATE OF GEORGIA, USA If THE controversy or claim is not otherwise resolved through direct discussions or mediation, it shall THEN be resolved by FINAL AND binding arbitration administered by JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., in accordance with its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures or subsequent versions thereof (“JAMS Rules”). The JAMS Rules for selection of an arbitrator shall be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be experienced and licensed to practice law in THE STATE OF GEORGIA, USA All proceedings brought pursuant to this paragraph will be conducted in THE STATE OF GEORGIA, USA THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE TIME THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUED, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
Further, Contestants hereby waive all rights, to: (i) claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise), other than for actual out-of pocket costs; and (ii) have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Contestants agree that the rights and obligations of any Contestant and/or Contest Entities and/or any other party shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
- GENERAL: CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY PAGE, BOARD, OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If any provision of these Official Rules or any word, phrase, clause, sentence, or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the Prize documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s interpretation of these Official Rules is final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All Contest entries and/or materials submitted will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Contest details contained in these Official Rules and Contest details contained in any promotional materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Contest as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
- WINNER LIST: For information about the Winner, send a self-addressed, stamped, business-size envelope to: The Thirty Days of Inspiration Contest Winner List Request, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325. Requests must be received by November 14, 2013. Vermont and Canadian residents may omit return postage.
Currency exchange rates calculated on July 29, 2013.
These Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Sponsor.
Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. All rights reserved.
Pinterest is a registered trademark of Pinterest, Inc. All rights reserved.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with, Facebook or Pinterest. Contestants agree to release Facebook from any and all liability associated with this Contest. Contestants understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook.
© 2013 Shaw Industries Group, Inc. All rights reserved.