Epic Engineered Hardwood
Epic engineered hardwood starts out stylish and then adds loads of extra advantages over other engineered and solid hardwoods: it's greener, harder, denser, tougher, and more dimensionally stable. Which means that Epic is easier on the environment, easier to install, and easier to really live on. Besides being stunningly beautiful.
E = Environmentally preferred
P = Peak performance
I = Installation advantages
C = Complete product offering
That aptly describes Epic, Shaw's breakthrough engineered hardwood with ScufResist Platinum finish. It easily surpasses the ordinary, and it's truly impressive in quality ... of performance, installation, style, and environmental friendliness. But heroic? We don't think the term is too strong.
- Greener - Epic is one of the most sustainable engineered flooring products on the market. It uses approximately 50% less newly harvested wood than conventional 3/8" engineered flooring, because it's made with EnviroCore, Shaw's high-density core board made from recycled post-industrial wood fiber.
- Made in the USA with wood harvested from well-managed domestic forests.
- The first Cradle to Cradle - Silver Certified hardwood flooring product.
- Cradle to Cradle - Silver Certification comes from McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry (MBDC), a third-party product and design firm founded by architect William McDonough and chemist Dr. Michael Braungart.
- MBDC's Cradle to Cradle - Certification process looks at multiple factors, including use of environmentally safe and healthy materials, design for recycling, water and energy efficiency, and social responsibility.
- Certified as an Environmentally Preferred Product
- Qualifies for LEED credits
- Meets GREENGUARD - indoor air quality requirements and is GREENGUARD Children & Schools certified
- The recycled wood fibers of ultra-high-density EnviroCore are very tightly compressed, making Epic harder, denser and better performing than products with softer core boards.
- Harder proved by Janka hardness tests to be harder than solid and engineered flooring products with softer core boards
- Denser tests results show Epic with EnviroCore to be denser (or more difficult to penetrate) than solid and engineered flooring products with softer core boards; the result is better overall performance and stabilitying
- Tougher Epic with ScufResist PLATINUM resists wear and scuffing up to 6X better
- More dimensionally stable - Epic's greater density makes it more stable, so it doesn't expand or contract as much as other wood flooring when the seasons change
- Can be installed on any level of the home, including basements
- Can be installed using all installation methods
- Longer average board lengths give a premium visual with faster installation
- Patent-pending tongue-and-groove construction makes glue-down installation faster and easier and creates tighter seams
COMPLETE PRODUCT OFFERING
- Epic collections are the height of style, design and leading-edge color
- Offered in a wide range of finishes, from traditional to rustic, from smooth to distressed and hand-scraped
- 6 species - oak, hickory, maple, birch, cherry and walnut
- 3 1/4", 5", and 6 3/8" widths available
You might also like:
Select up to four free samples *one time only.
Epic's dense inner core made from wood fiber by products.
Uses EnviroCore, made from recycled wood fibers.