Laminate Coreboard Technology
An Eco-Friendly Alternative
At Shaw Floors, we’re known for our commitment to the environment. When it comes to hard surface, our Laminate options are an ideal choice if saving the planet is important to you (and we know it is). Built to last, our Laminate has a long life span which means you won’t have to worry about replacing it for years to come.
OptiCore offers the following environmentally-friendly features:
- Environmentally responsible coreboard.
- Super strong, incredibly stable and extremely moisture resistant.
- Contains either wood fiber by-products that would otherwise be burned or put into landfills, or made from trees from managed forests where we continually plant to replenish what we use.
- No landfilling of any material, period. Only green logs are harvested from managed forests.The bark is used for energy to heat oil for equipment, and exhaust gas from the heating is used to dry the wood fiber.
- Compliant with California Air Resources Board's (CARB) requirements.
- Compliant with the Endangered Species Act and the best management practices for forestry in the state where the material is harvested.
- Compliant with recently revised Lacey Act: the U.S. National Wildlife Protection Statute amended to make it a crime to import illegally logged timber products into the U.S.
- Created under the umbrella of our environmental philosophy, The Shaw Green Edge, which guides us in our mission to make products that are healthy and sustainable for our world.