Get the right size for your space
When you custom bind carpet, you’re getting a one-of-a-kind product.
You select the color, style, border, size and shape, so the rug is uniquely yours. For many, the hardest decision may be the size.
If you’re having trouble deciding on the size of your custom bound carpet, here are a few generally accepted guidelines to consider:
Whether it’s a living room,
bedroom, dining room or any other
room, it’s important to consider
your furniture placement:
If some or all of your larger furniture pieces are up against the wall, there are two general options:
- Make the rug large enough to go under the front legs of the furniture
- Make the rug small enough that none of the furniture legs are placed on the rug
If your larger furniture pieces are not up against the wall, you have similar options.
- Make the rug large enough so that all the furniture legs are on the rug.
- Make the rug small enough that none of the furniture legs are on the rug.
In a dining room, make sure the rug is large enough for all four legs of the dining room chairs to be on the rug when people are sitting at the table. After that, there are two general options:
Another popular option for any room is a rug that covers the majority of the floor but is one to two feet from the baseboard.
- Make the rug large enough so that all four legs of the dining room chairs are on the rug even when you have pushed the chairs away from the table.
- Make the rug large enough so that at least the front two legs of the chairs are on the rug when pushed away from the table.