January 16, 2019
2019 Carpet Introductions Expand Shaw Floors’ Soft Surface Leadership
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
New merchandising, infusion of color and trending design present choices for every consumer
Dalton, Ga. – Jan. 3, 2019 – Continuing its legacy of excellence in carpet, Shaw Floors introduces Simply The Best and updates its most popular collections -- the Anso Colorwall, Caress, Foundations and Bellera™ High Performance Carpet -- to give the consumer exactly what they are looking for from their carpet. For the first time ever, Shaw Floors’ 2019 Color of the Year, Whisper, a palette of five hushed neutrals, is incorporated in the brand’s new carpet introductions, embodying the colors themselves and providing other coordinating visuals. “Our 2019 soft surface introductions evoke style, beauty and comfort like never before,” said Pamela Rainey, ASID, IIDA, Shaw Floors’ vice president of product design.
“After countless hours of proprietary consumer research and immersion trips by our leading product designers to identify forthcoming trends, I can confidently say consumers will find the on-trend visuals they desire from our comprehensive product lines.”
Color That Speaks to You
A successful selling tool for more than 22 years and the iconic anchor of countless showrooms, the Shaw Floors Anso Colorwall has been refreshed for 2019. Exclusive to members of Shaw Flooring Network, the display is now called ‘Color That Speaks to You’ and showcases Shaw Floors’ tried and true, new and nuanced, and beautiful yet high-performing soft surface selections. Three patterned styles totaling 60 unique SKUs are available exclusively to SFN members. Retailers who already have the original Anso Colorwall are invited to refresh with ‘Color That Speaks to You.’ The ‘Color That Speaks to You’ online experience will be available soon on shawfloors.com
Simply The Best
Shaw Floors presents unprecedented quality and style at an achievable price point. The 13 styles of Simply The Best are comfortable, durable, beautiful, and most importantly, affordable. With Simply The Best, consumers no longer need to sacrifice style and design when choosing a budget friendly carpet. Shaw Floors’ enhanced tufting technologies enable breakthrough engineering and superior visuals in comparison to competitive offerings within the same price range. Simply The Best’s styles include:
- All Over It I and II: A modern color palette of tonals and subtle tweeds adds an understated and updated twist to a classic flooring choice that is sure to bring refreshing coziness.
- All Set I and II: This soft, high-contrast fleck adds depth to a room with its unique combination of neutral colors.
- All The Way: This linear pattern is inspired by the irregularity and visual texture of tree bark found on top of Mount San Jacinto, towering over California’s Sonoran Desert.
- All In One: A take on mid-century modern architecture, this pattern brings just enough subtle, linear texture to a room.
- Aerial Arts: This style takes inspiration from the iconic breeze block walls of Palm Springs, which feature geometric, stacked squares surrounded by texture for added depth.
- Aerial View: Add a subtle hint of pattern to a space with this style inspired by the textured cantilevered ceilings found in Palm Springs’ mid-century homes.
- After All I and II: Like a fresh coat of paint, this style provides the perfect solid, neutral base to any room.
- All About It: This style features a modern color palette, pure coziness underfoot and lasting durability.
- Attainable Solid & Tonal: The tonal texture has a quiet heathered contrast that adds texture and conveys a feeling of calm, collected and grounded. The solid is classic, warm, inviting, and sure to welcome consumers home.
- Montage I & II: Available in a Solid, Tonal, Fleck or Accent, Montage I and II provide style, softness and comfort at a price consumers will love.
- Momentum I & II: Momentum I and II feature a variety of style and softness. Available in a Solid, Tonal, Fleck or Accent, this heavy handed beauty has it all -- comfort, style, variety and softness -- all at a great value.
- Absolutely It: Tonal shading in this soft cut pile carpet allows for the blending of shades within a room. The subtle color tones range from warm to cool neutrals with a few the latest accent colors sprinkled in.
- It’s All Right: This style highlights the subtle colors found in natural stone for a take on the traditional visual of a casual texture that is anything but ordinary.
In 2019, Caress builds upon its widely hailed reputation of exceptional softness and embraces ‘lagom,’ the Swedish idea of finding the perfect balance. Caress’ eight new styles achieve the harmony of pure and effortless elegance by pairing modern-to-transitional patterns with the hushed neutrals of Shaw Floors’ Whisper palette. Caress continues to use the highest quality materials by placing the brand’s legacy Anso nylon atop Shaw Floors’ patented SoftBac Platinum Backing. The combination ensures consumers have confidence their unbelievably soft carpet will stay beautiful thanks to SoftBac Platinum’s numerous benefits, including less-visible seams, unmatched flexibility, greater backing adhesive strength and a no-wrinkle guarantee. Exclusive to SFN members and beginning in the first quarter, Caress styles may be upgraded to include Shaw Floors’ industry-leading LifeGuard® Spill-proof™ Backing. For a combined total of 105 SKUs, Caress offers five sophisticated patterns and three solids:
- Rustique Vibe: Inspired by time-worn silos, this distressed visual is modern yet rustic with the perfect imperfection of modern farmhouse style.
- Chateau Fare: A nod to ornate details found in iconic Hollywood hotels, this style is confident and classic, with a soft sense of glamour.
- Resort Chic: Feel the beach breeze with this pattern inspired by the textural, natural beauty of palm trees.
- Crafted Artisan: The heritage of baskets woven with lowcountry grass inspired this linear, laid-back visual.
- Calais Stil: Escape into nature with this broken, horizontal pattern; allow the home to be a place of sanctuary.
- Ombre Whisper: The style reflects the color shift as a sky of brilliant blue fades into the ocean in the horizon.
- Tranquil Waters: Coastal, sun-bleached shades mix with natural color-shifting elements, the way light reflects the soft shades of blue as one looks upon the ocean.
- Rich Opulence: Like chunky, luxe yarns in blankets, toes are cozy when stepping out of bed into this soft style.
Foundations features the brand’s best-selling, classic Anso nylon styles updated with refreshed colors. A balanced selection that incorporates today's trends through accents, subtle tonals and a range of patterns, these 204 new skus offer performance, beauty and warmth to the home. Available in timeless neutrals, consumers can choose from a solid, tonal or accent to bring instant comfort to everyday living. 2019 introductions include solid textured and twist styles, along with additional textured tonals and on-trend accents.
- Take The Floor Solid Texture: A soft, solid texture gives consumers the beauty and softness they desire.
- Take The Floor Solid Twist: Utilizing a traditional solid twist, this style embodies timeless beauty.
- Take The Floor Tonal: Trending tonal textures from this style will add an updated elegance any room.
- Take The Floor Accent: With the ‘Anything But Classic Accent Texture,’ this style offers an on-trend look.
Bellera™ High Performance Carpet
Shaw Floors’ Bellera™ High Performance Carpet is an industry-disrupting soft surface combining beauty, softness and durability to give consumers exactly what they want from their carpet. Capitalizing on Bellera’s 2018 momentum, new introductions will be unveiled throughout the upcoming year and feature subtle patterns and trending tweed textures. A standout 2019 Bellera introduction includes ‘Charmed Hues,’ which utilizes new color combinations for a fresh, new look that’s sure to add beauty to the home for years to come.
More at Markets
In keeping with Shaw Floors’ new merchandising system, designed to streamline and brighten the showroom, brand new merchandising displays will be available to view at Connect 2019 winter markets. For more information on the above styles and other introductions from Shaw Floors, visit a Connect 2019 winter market or contact your Shaw Floors representative. Market dates and registration links are available at www.shawshows.com/markets.