Dalton, Ga. – Jan. 3, 2019 –Delivering on its standard of industry-leading hard surface innovation, Shaw Floors unveils next-generation hardwood products, offering the ultimate protection, beauty and style. The new-for-2019 introductions include Floorté Hardwood, a product combining the best of SPC and hardwood; REPEL Hardwood, applying the brand’s industry-leading water-resistance technology and new design techniques; and several trending white oak options that retailers and consumers alike crave.
Introducing Floorté Hardwood
Understanding today’s consumers have high performance expectations of their flooring, Shaw Floors introduces Floorté Hardwood, an innovative product combining the attributes of SPC flooring with the classic character and feel that can only come from genuine hardwood. Floorté Hardwood utilizes a waterproof SPC core to give consumers the stability, strength and protection they expect from the Floorté PRO collection with the added beauty of a hardwood veneer on top.
“We’re proud to drive this uncharted advancement of the category,” said Herb Upton, Shaw Industries’ vice president of hard surface. “Floorté Hardwood is a true innovation, engineered to give consumers their most desired flooring --hardwood -- with the durability, waterproof protection and ease-of installation they need. And the design techniques used on the hardwood veneer make this product one of the most beautiful I think we’ve ever had.”
Floorté Hardwood features a click profile, meaning the product does not require adhesive and can be installed quickly over an existing flooring or subfloor. An attached Soft Silence® acoustical pad ensures comfort and sound reduction.
The product is available in multiple species, finishes, sizes, and colors, with planks 7.5 inches wide and up to 72 inches long. Advanced finishing techniques, such as reactive staining, wire brushing and balayage highlighting, are utilized to create more than 30 stunning visuals. Styles include:
- Exquisite features 20 new skus of wider, longer planks that bring elegance to today’s popular open floor plans. Visuals range from cool greys and light browns to warm, honey-colored tans and deep, strong browns.
- Magnificent offers 10 new skus exclusive to Shaw Flooring Network retailers. Magnificent features numerous styles, such as popular white oak visuals in styles ‘Arctic Maple’ and ‘Frosted Hickory;’ classic, deep brown tones in ‘Western Walnut,’ ‘Trail Oak,’ and ‘Shadow Oak;’ and high-variation looks in ‘Dakota Hickory’ and ‘Granite Oak.’
REPEL Hardwood Debuts, Expanding Use of REPEL Water Resistance Technology
Shaw Floors’ proprietary research reinforces that consumers’ most desired aesthetic is authentic hardwood. Its unique and natural character brings undeniable beauty to a home. However, busy lifestyles — children, pets, daily activity — can make hardwood a less feasible option, which is no longer the case with Shaw Floors’ REPEL Hardwood.
Building upon Shaw Floors’ industry-leading REPEL water-resistance technology, REPEL Hardwood features a protective barrier on top of the plank that keeps spills and liquids on the floor’s surface, minimizing the chance for any moisture to seep into the plank. An added side-protective treatment on the edges of each plank protects the plank from moisture. REPEL Hardwood is available in two new styles, Relic and Landmark Mixed Width.
White Oak: Shaw Floors Builds on Offering of Popular Species With Complementary Products
Wire brushed, white oak planks with a matte finish and neutral color palette create a sophisticated urban design.Couture Oak and Cornerstone’s sliced face veneers reflect wood grain and the natural character consumers love most about authentic hardwood, while Empire Oak offers limitless installation possibilities.
New white oak product lines include:
- Couture Oak is offered in five, modern color options. This collection combines just the right amount of species character and streamlined visuals with wire-brushed texture and ultra low-gloss finish. Couture Oak features high variation and ½-inch x 7.5-inch wide planks with a 2-millimeter sliced veneer.
- Cornerstone showcases wire brushed white oak planks with a matte finish and neutral color palette, creating a sophisticated urban design. Available in four colors, Cornerstone consists of ⅜-inch x 5-inch wide planks with a 1.2-millimeter sliced veneer.
- Empire Oak color adds coordinate with Shaw Floors’ on-trend Fifth Avenue Oak collection. New colors in this line give consumers the option to install straight planks alongside the six herringbone patterns achievable with Fifth Avenue Oak, allowing consumers to create feature installations in their home.
More at Markets
In keeping with Shaw Floors’ new merchandising system, designed to streamline and brighten the showroom, brand new merchandising displays will be available to view at Connect 2019 winter markets. For more information on the above styles and other introductions from Shaw Floors, visit a Connect 2019 winter market or contact your Shaw Floors representative. Market dates and registration links are available at www.shawshows.com/markets.