How to file a warranty claim
At Shaw we make every effort to ensure that your flooring meets your high expectations. In the event that you experience an issue, we ask that you reach out to the retailer you purchsed the flooring from. Your retailer should initiate a claim with Shaw on your behalf and work with you throughout the process.
How do I file a warranty claim?
First, ask your retailer to file a claim with Shaw. We investigate each claim promptly.
If the retailer refuses to file a claim for you, please write a letter to us at Shaw Industries, PO Drawer 2128, Maildrop 026-01, Dalton, Georgia 30722. Please include:
- Retailer information
- The problems you've experienced
- Sales receipt including flooring style, yardage, amount paid (excluding labor and cushion or underlayment), the installation date and the retailers' information.
- Any pictures you wish to include
- For stain or texture related issues, include proof of steam-cleaning by a professional hot water extraction company.
- Contact the IICRC at iicrc.org for certified cleaning companies near you.
We will contact the dealer for the additional information that is required to initiate the claim process.
Do I have any recourse if I do not agree with the claims findings?
You are welcome to get a second opinion by contracting an independent, certified flooring inspector. If the certified inspector finds a warranty-covered issue with the flooring, please submit a copy of the findings to our claims dept to have your claim reevaluated. If the claim is honored based on this second opinion, you are entitled to reimbursement of the inspection cost.