Children's Research Hospital®
It is instantly clear when you visit St. Jude that it is a place of abundant creativity and considerable innovation. The doctors, nurses and other staff are engaged and excited about their work. What you see when you visit St. Jude is indeed almost magical. Except that it isn’t magic. It is some of the most important scientific research benefitting not only the patients at St. Jude, but kids with cancer around the world. At Shaw, we identify with work based in research, innovation and creativity that plays a larger role in the world.
Since St. Jude opened its doors in 1962, it has changed the way the world understands and treats pediatric cancer. It is one-part children’s hospital and one part research center. Discoveries made at St. Jude hospital are shared freely so that doctors across the world can expand on protocols and treatments and help cure
kids worldwide. So far, St. Jude has pushed childhood cancer survival from 20 percent to more than 80 percent. In the next decade, the research hospital hopes to push survival rates to 90 percent.
At St. Jude, no family ever receives a bill for anything – treatment, travel, housing or food. It takes close to $2 million a day to run St. Jude and 75 percent of those funds come from corporate partners and individual donors. Shaw is proud that we have been among those corporate donors since 2011. It was that special place that St. Jude possesses in so many hearts and its message of hope and family that led us to
creating an ever-growing philanthropic and cause-marketing partnership with the organization.
MEET THE KIDS -No family pays St. Jude for anything, including treatment, travel, housing and food.
"I think St. Jude has the best care for him. We love St. Jude." -MiErickis's Mom
"Our social worker and the Child Life Specialist and the doctors and the nurses have really helped us." - Lillian's Mom
"We receive love from everyone, and that gives us the inner strength we need to never give up." -Sagr's Mom
What began as the sponsorship of the St. Jude Dream Home® Giveaway in 2011 has evolved into a multi-faceted program that now includes:
- Continued and expanded support of the St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway, which raises more than $20 million annually. Shaw is national sponsor and exclusive flooring provider for approximately 30 Dream Home Giveaway homes each year. Shown above is the 2014 St. Jude Dream Home in Arcadiana, Louisiana.
- St. Jude Carpet Collection from Shaw Floors - a collection of 46 carpet styles. Proceeds from every yard of carpet sold from this exclusive collection support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- A co-branded carpet cushion for which a portion of proceeds go to St. Jude. This unique program allows our valued retailers to take part in the St. Jude mission and raises hundreds of thousands of dollars annually.
- A consumer promotion named “You Save. We Give” which allowed the consumers who buy our products to contribute and to share the word through their social media channels.
- Many Shaw associates have also been inspired to personally support St. Jude and the families the research hospital helps, including dozens who have trained to run the St. Jude Memphis Marathon, raising tens of thousands of additional dollars.
- The launch of a new Patcraft carpet tile collection with William McDonough (Butterfly Effect) in our commercial division with a portion of proceeds being donated to St. Jude.
Our work together has developed so well and been so successful that in 2013, St. Jude recognized Shaw as the “New Corporate Partner of the Year.”