Understanding your vinyl tile & plank warranties
With the warranty protection of Shaw Luxury Resilient Vinyl Tile and Plank flooring, you can enjoy beauty and peace-of-mind for years to come. We've outlined some warranty highlights below but be sure to download a complete copy of your warranty for more information.
Shaw Luxury Vinyl Plank and Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVP & LVT)
Shaw warrants that Shaw resilient LVF (luxury vinyl flooring) products will be free from manufacturing defects for the length of time specified for the particular product.
This warranty further covers delaminating, loss of original pattern and color due to fading or wear, when the flooring is subject to normal residential use, provided the flooring
covered by this warranty is installed and maintained according to the instructions included in the sold package. All floating product joints are warranted to be watertight.
The following are not covered by this warranty:
- Darker, solid colors naturally show more scratches and dirt and require more maintenance. We can not warrant the product against these normal occurrences.
- We will not accept shading claims for an overall white floor with touching white planks or tiles.
- Damage caused by fire or flood; moisture intrusion caused by emissions from subfloor; intentional abuse; damage caused by vacuum cleaner beater bar; indentations or damage caused by improper rolling loads, chairs, or other furniture not using proper floor protectors or caster wheels; cutting from sharp objects; asphalt staining and staining from rubber mats; surface scratches; changes in color or sheen appearance when exposed to a natural light source; exterior application or loss due to inconvenience, loss of time, incidental expenses, or consequential damages.
- Minor shading, color, or texture differences between
- samples and delivered product.
- If, prior to installation, Shaw floors are not acclimated to room temperature (between 65°F and 85°F) at job site between 24 and 48 hours, and if, post-installation, Shaw floors are not continuously maintained at such temperature, damage incurred may not be covered by your warranty.
For a detailed copy of your LVT or LVP warranty click here
Floorte Enhanced Vinyl Plank (EVP)
Shaw warrants the Floorte products to be free from manufacturing defects for a specified length of time from the date of purchase as set forth below. 20 mil products have a lifetime limited warranty and a 10 year light commercial warranty. 12 mil products have a 30 year limited residential warranty and a 7 year light commercial warranty. The wear layer of the floor plank is warranted by Shaw not to wear through under normal use for the length of the warranty. Gloss reduction or surface scratches are not considered surface wear.This warranty is non- transferable and applies only to the original purchaser.
What the "wear and structure" warranty do not cover:
- Damage due to adhesives or tape, scratches, gouges, scuffs, punctures, cuts, indentations, burns, accidents, lack of proper furniture rests or any intentional misuse of the product. Loss of finish gloss over time is consistent with normal wear & tear and is not a product flaw.
- Problems due to moisture (except for topical spills as noted above), mildew, alkaline substances, hydrostatic pressure, expansion and contraction between planks/tiles or humidity levels above or below those recommended.
- It is normal and expected for there to be color variations due to use of natural components, exposure to UV light and/or sunlight, and age of material.Therefore, color inconsistency between samples, replacement product or illustrations and actual product is not a manufacturing defect.
- Inherent variations that are consistent with those of a natural product to include pattern, color, and texture do not indicate defective material.
- Noncompliance with installation guidelines and maintenance guidelines as recommended by Shaw.
- Shaw cannot assume responsibility for the suitability of flooring material and accompanying products for each individual installation as manufacturer has no control over the installer’s proper application.
- Cracking, warping, soiling, fading, improper maintenance or abuse caused by items such as roller skates, golf shoes or pets.
- Floor covering installed in inappropriate locations is excluded from this warranty.
For a detailed copy of your Floorte EVP warranty click here