Shaw's EPIC breakthrough
Shaw's EPIC Engineered Hardwood represents a true breakthrough in hardwood manufacturing.
It's an engineered hardwood that is stylish and brings extra advantages over other hardwoods: it's greener, harder, denser, tougher, and more dimensionally stable. Besides being stunningly beautiful, Epic uses 50% less newly harvested wood than conventional engineered flooring. The name comes from the following:
E = Environmentally Preferred
P = Peak Performance
I = Installation Advantages
C = Complete Product Offering
Shaw's EPIC engineered hardwood with ScufResist Platinum finish easily surpasses the ordinary, and it's truly impressive in quality of performance, installation, style, and environmental friendliness.
- Greener - Epic is one of the most sustainable engineered flooring products on the market. It uses approximately 50% less newly harvested wood than conventional 3/8" engineered flooring, because it's made with EnviroCore, Shaw's high-density core board made from recycled post-industrial wood fiber.
- Made in the USA with wood harvested from well-managed domestic forests.
- The first Cradle to Cradle - Silver Certified hardwood flooring product.
- Cradle to Cradle - Silver Certification comes from McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry (MBDC), a third-party product and design firm founded by architect William McDonough and chemist Dr. Michael Braungart.
- MBDC's Cradle to Cradle - Certification process looks at multiple factors, including use of environmentally safe and healthy materials, design for recycling, water and energy efficiency, and social responsibility.
- Certified as an Environmentally Preferred Product
- Qualifies for LEED credits
- Meets GREENGUARD - indoor air quality requirements and is GREENGUARD certified
- The recycled wood fibers of ultra-high-density EnviroCore are very tightly compressed, making Epic harder, denser and better performing than products with softer core boards.
- Harder proved by Janka hardness tests to be harder than solid and engineered flooring products with softer core boards
- Denser tests results show Epic with EnviroCore to be denser (or more difficult to penetrate) than solid and engineered flooring products with softer core boards; the result is better overall performance and stability
- Tougher Epic with ScufResist PLATINUM resists wear and scuffing up to 6X better than the competition
- More dimensionally stable - Epic's greater density makes it more stable, so it doesn't expand or contract as much as other wood flooring when the seasons change
- Can be installed on any level of the home, including basements
- Can be installed using all installation methods
- Longer average board lengths give a premium visual with faster installation
- Patent-pending tongue-and-groove construction makes glue-down installation faster and easier and creates tighter seams
COMPLETE PRODUCT OFFERING
EPIC Hardwood Collections
- Epic collections are the height of style, design and leading-edge color
- Offered in a wide range of finishes, from traditional to rustic, from smooth to distressed and hand-scraped
- available in a variety of species and looks
- 3 1/4", 5", and 6 3/8" widths available