At Shaw Floors, we are committed to doing the right thing for the environment, and we partner with suppliers who share in that commitment. Working with like-minded companies is crucial to creating a healthier ecosystem by reducing the amount of natural resources we consume. We admit it—it’s sometimes hard to find beautiful, quality products that are sustainably produced. But if anyone is up for the challenge, we are.
Seven of our porcelain tile collections (Fossil, Fired Hickory, Petrified Hickory, Metropolitan Slate, Lunar University and Manor) are manufactured with the environment in mind. Each of these collections contains up to 40% post-industrial recycled content, which can come from:
- Fine residues leftover from the processing of industrial sand
- Fired scrap tile that is reprocessed and used to make new tile
- Glazes and other waste from tile processing
- Post-consumer glass scrap leftover from discarded household glass containers
Don’t just take our word for it. Our commitment to responsible products has been recognized by global experts. Bureau Veritas is a leading international group specializing in testing, inspection and certification services. This respected organization acknowledges and validates the promises we make regarding our eco-friendly tile products. Five of our tile collections have been certified by Bureau Veritas: Brushstone, Lunar, Metropolitan Slate, Fired Hickory and Petrified Hickory.
– With its 12 x 24 size, this collection brings you one of the newest trends in tile – the large rectangle. Its stunning design combines stone and wood visuals as well as color variations and shading. Made in the USA, this extremely versatile tile complements any room.
– This beautifully scraped, rustic collection has the look of natural, warm wood complete with cross-sawn marks, worm holes and swirls.
– By popular demand, our Petrified Hickory collection gives you a wood plank look in 6” x 24” glazed porcelain tiles.
– For the stunning look of slate without the maintenance and upkeep, choose Metropolitan Slate. Its striking colors and impressive realism will bring a unique, upscale look to your home.
Designed in Italy and made in the USA, Lunar is a line offered exclusively by Shaw. Its dramatic design is inspired by actual images of the moon’s surface. Our sophisticated glazing processes give an unparalleled depth of realistic texture and color. Random patterns are created using our advanced technology and extensive steps during the manufacturing process are taken to prevent repetition.
In keeping with today’s trend of intense neutrals, Brushstone is a collection of glazed porcelain tile distinguished by surface and texture variations in a rich, earthy palette. The surface of this exquisite tile has a slight raised-relief feel and a soft, misty look with no obvious grain. Spatter glazing gives the effect of flecks of light over soothing sweeps of color.