Porcelain vs Ceramic Tile
Porcelain tile's beauty and durability are equally amazing. How does our porcelain tile compare to our ceramic tile?
- Is considerably denser and more impervious, which means it is more resistant to fluid passing through
- Has a much lower rate of water absorption, so it's suitable for interiors and exteriors in all climates
- Is considered frost resistant
- Has a greater breaking strength
- Is fired at extremely high temperatures, becoming 30% harder than natural stone (like granite and marble)
- Costs less than natural stone
It’s important to note that all porcelain is ceramic but not all ceramic is porcelain. Specifically, porcelain is ceramic that has lower water absorption due to a denser body therefore it’s ideally suited for outdoor installations.
- Tends to be more cost effective than porcelain
- Is easier for the installer to cut
- Has more color options available
No matter which Shaw product you choose, rest assured that you are choosing a quality product you can enjoy for years to come.